The Out of My Box leather collar in Cognac, Marigold & Cream is for all of our extraordinary pups who think outside the box and march to the beat of their own drums!
These leather collars feature soft, easy-to-clean leather that is locally sourced. Each leather collar also offers See Scout Sleep's signature lightweight brass hardware, patterned ribbon, and quick-dry, odorless hemp webbing.
Pair with the the matching leash for a look that can't be beat!
S: Neck 9.8″-11.1″, Width 1/2″
M: Neck 11.8″-14.9″, Width 1″
L: Neck 14.9″-18.1″, Width 1″
Leather collars and leashes should be treated just like your favorite leather purse or pair of shoes. But if the leather is exposed regularly to the elements, it can get dry, stiff, or crack. To prevent this from happening, you should keep the following in mind:
- If the leather becomes wet, let it dry at room temperature.
- Make sure that the leather does not get too wet or too dry.
- Stains can be spot cleaned with a cloth.
- Never keep our leather items in hot or damp areas for a long period of time. Instead, keep them stored in a plastic bag or cover them in plastic.
- Avoid exposing leather to direct sunlight for prolonged periods of time.
- Avoid extreme temperatures, dryness and heat, as sunlight will dry out leather.
- All leather can last longer if it is regularly maintained and treated with love.
In sum, if your leather collar is losing its shine, clean it first with a damp cloth, then polish dry. The leather can then be cleaned with a neutral polishing cream. Let it dry overnight. Never use alcohol, cleaning solvents, oils, or varnishes or polishes as this may irrevocably damage the leather.